Sunday 25 August 2013

Can you keep a secret?

So you find out your best friends husband is having an affair, what do you do? Tell her of course! Or do you? First of all will she believe you? Will she shoot the messenger? Wouldn't it be so much easier to keep your mouth shut and pretend you didn't know?

You see my problem is that I don't want to be the one to break her heart. I don't want to see her face crumble when she finds out.  I'm so angry that I discovered this secret in the first place. It's so unfair that I've been put into this situation. I have to tell her. I can't stand by and let him make a fool out of her, she really doesn't deserve that.

Okay so I've decided this is one secret I can't keep. All I have to do now is decide how and when I'm going to break this awful news to my buddy.  I know I'm going to lose his friendship but that's just the price I have to pay.  We've always had a good relationship but that all changed the moment I saw him in the pub wrapped around another woman.  He must have thought he was far enough away from home to not be recognised. He didn't for a second think that his wife's best friend would end up in the same pub. He almost got away with it too. I shouldn't even have been there it was just by chance that I happened to stop on my way to my dads.  He lives  around 50 miles away and I needed a bathroom break so I stopped in a town on the way and found a lot more besides a toilet.  I don't even know what he was doing there.  Maybe that's where she's from or they drove a distance to "somewhere safe".

Anyway, I'm going to bite the bullet and ring her now. I'll suggest a coffee and take it from there.

Wish me luck, I'm going to need it!

Nikki xx

No comments:

Post a Comment